|Catawba County Schools||28||15,145|
|Hickory City Schools||9||3,691|
|Newton-Conover City Schools||7||2,800|
High School Seniors - Post-Graduate Plans
|Public Sr. Institution||23.4%||25.7%||20.3%||23.3%|
|Private Sr. Institution||10.2%||6.9%||6.8%||9.2%|
|Trade Business School||1.6%||1.2%||0.5%||1.4%|
CHILDCARE & DAYCARE
Finding the right child care or preschool is an important decision, and the Hickory Metro offers many different options to fit a variety of needs.
The NC Division of Child Development and Early Education sets the standards for child care and using a Star Rated License to rate child care programs in the state of North Carolina. Click here to learn more about the Star Rated License and the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education.
Directories and resources for child care:
- Children's Resource Center - free agency and referral center
- Search for a licensed day care provider
- NC Division of Child Development and Early Education Resource List
K-64 & PRIORITIES
Catawba County is connecting business and education through the innovative K-64. K-64 increases student and employer engagement in educational programs proven to prepare a qualified workforce by:
- Collaborating with employers to align courses of study with workforce needs.
- Connecting students to real-world careers and related curriculum choices from early on.
- Empowering adults to enhance employability in a dynamic work environment.