To be a well-known and preferred conduit between transitioning veterans, their families, and the Catawba County business community, and a transition assistance/employer resource organization of choice, with presence across major military installations in the Carolinas.
To partner with Catawba County businesses to meet their talent requirements by leveraging the veteran community, and to provide opportunities for these veterans, their families and military transition organizations that are aligned to the Catawba County community.
"One Veteran At A Time"
ABOUT HKY4VETS & GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Since its inception in 2016, HKY4VETS (Hickory4Vets), a public-private partnership of companies, government agencies, nonprofits and veterans, has worked to build a sustainable model for our community and establish a plan of work based on three overarching priorities: Awareness, Advocacy, and Access. We desire to become one of the most "veteran-ready" communities in the entire country.
We evolve our efforts annually and have recently approved our 2021 Strategic Objectives, which continue to be built upon our original, strong foundation:
- Awareness: Creating opportunities to educate local employers on the value of this talented population, as well as the cultural differences between the military and civilian sector to aid their recruitment and retention efforts.
- Advocacy: Build a community that is inclusive and “ready” to assist this under-resourced population.
- Access: Serve as the bridge to connect local employers with transitioning military talent, as well as, transition support/veteran support organizations, to fill their vacant positions.
We appreciate your interest in these efforts and invite you to contact us anytime.
HKY4VETS TASKFORCE MEMBERS
These fine individuals are at the core of HKY4Vets, our mission and our efforts to achieve our vision. They volunteer their time, offer tremendous insight and guide us to where we hope to be one day.
- Cary Bowman - Lt. Colonel, Army (Ret.)
- Danny Castillo - Peoples Bank (Navy)
- Joe Lutz - Sutter Street/Williams-Sonoma (Navy Son)
- John Helton - Marines for Life (Marines)
- Lindsay Keisler - Chamber of Catawba County (Army Daughter)
- Nathan Huret - Catawba County EDC
- Dr. Ric Vandett - Foothills Veterans Helping Veterans (Army)
- Frank Ballentine - Catawba County Sheriff's Department (Marines)
- Tiffany Chapman - Catawba Valley Health Systems (Army Mom)
- Tim Adams - Catawba County Schools (Army)
- Tim Herndon - Retired Consultant (Marines)
- Russ Vickers - Regional Employment Veterans Representative, NCWorks (Army)
- Wendy Johnson - Western Piedmont Workforce Development Board
- Lynn Marilla - Eagle Rock Camp (Military Daughter)
Our HKY4Vets Team